The holidays are upon us and many of our homes are adorned with real, beautiful Christmas trees. They bring joy, and hold years of ornaments and memories… then ultimately leave a path of needles and mess that we want out of the house as soon as the calendar has turned.
Since Mr. Trashman does NOT provide a Christmas tree pickup and disposal service, we wanted to direct you to some ideas of what to do with your tree this year:
- Recycle it!
- Visit http://www.christmas-trees.org/recyclingyourtree.htm to learn how
For residents in –
- Acton: Boy Scout Troops 5 and 1820: http://treepickup.blogspot.com/
- January 6 and 13 – you must fill out their form online to schedule.
- Concord: Christmas Tree Composting site http://www.concordnet.org/504/Christmas-Tree-Recycling
- Friday, December 29 (Christmas Trees only)
- Saturday, December 30 (Christmas Trees, Styrofoam and Christmas Tree Lights)
- Friday, January 5 (Christmas Trees only)
- Saturday, January 6 (Christmas Trees, Styrofoam and Christmas Tree Lights)
- Hudson: Boy Scout Troop 2 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRmXyKHNajPjypYAbk07icC5hnzRFJNd17OEwxMUjo_sWlkg/viewform
- January 6 and 13 – you must fill out their online form to schedule.
- Stow: Boy Scout Troop 1
- Christmas tree pickup is $10 per tree and checks made payable to Troop 1 Stow can be mailed to Troop 1 Stow, PO Box 75, Stow, MA 01775. Please make your tree pickup reservation by January 3. Put trees at the end of your driveway starting 1/12/18. Please contact us by phone at 978-212-9175 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southborough: Boy Scouts
Any Southboro customers who would like their tree picked up this year must email email@example.com or call 508-330-2361. The cost is $10 per tree. Email or phone message must include: Name, Phone Number, and Address. Requests will be taken until 8PM the day before pickup. Pickup this year will be on Saturday, January 6th, 2018. The service is free for Veterans, Police/Fire Personnel and Seniors.
- Sudbury: Transfer Station (with sticker) https://sudbury.ma.us/transferstation/2017/06/28/sudbury-recycling-guide/
- December through February 1, 2018.
Don’t forget to place your wrapping paper in your recycling toter and either tie cardboard in a bundle or break down and fold all cardboard into one larger cardboard box to make eat easier for us to haul away!